Friday 27 July 2012

The money in your breakfast.


     I was going about Obama's growing the economy from the middle out.  But I was having a conversation with a friend of mine tonight.  We touched on politics in our conversation.  I explained that it really dosen't matter your political stand or views.  He had mentioned that he wasn't sure about Romney's position on Roe V. Wade.  I'm not sure I like his view either and I don't think it matters his view.  Mit Romney isn't going to change the law so it's of no consequence.  Pretty sure my political views don't really matter either.  The only thing that is problematic is when I attempt to impose my views on other people.  With that I don't think your political views matter either.  Why couldn't we elect people a rune government on the bases of what is good for the country.  I don't mean the majority either I mean everyone and everything.

     For example I was watching c-span yesterday and I watching an Agricultural comity hearing  about the living space for laying hens.  Of course one side of the argument is that of the cost increases upgrading the housing systems.  But really any cost production increases will be passed to the consumer.  So in effect they are arguing for the consumer.  The other side is arguing for the living comfort of the hen.  Keep in mind that some states have made there own legislation regarding this and have there own standards.  Some of the farmers that had switched over to the new system saw a slight increase in feed cost.  Similar legislation came into effect in the U.K. and they saw a 20% increase and a 55% increase at the checkout.  I don't mind local or state government regulating this or even self regulation by the industry.  A chicken farmer isn't going to ignore consumer demand.  If consumers choose to buy eggs based on the living conditions of the laying hens than a producer will change it's business to meet the new demand or they will naturally suffer the loss of business.  The question I run into is why would anyone desire to force compliance with a regulation that would implement itself if the market demand existed?

    The answer makes itself clear. Regulation is a tax.  If this regulation were passed which I'm sure it will the cost to the producer would be about 8 billion dollars over the next 18 years.  The egg industry as of 2010 was worth about $6,904,530,000.00.  Don't hold me to that I crunched those number myself.   So the legislature is going to mandate the industry to basically double its cost over the next 18 years.  This will increase the related industries and produce more tax dollars from the additional cost of those transactions.


   This is one of those hidden taxes.  By artificially inflating the cost of eggs that makes peoples cost of living increase and that means they have to get more income and the federal government has a tax on that.  It aslo means it's more that people have to buy and the local governments have a sales tax.  This is basically a regulation to insure the growth of the government and the fundamental question really is, is this good for the country.  Is this what we need our government to be worried about?  Are these actions for the benefit of the people of this country.


Yes I'm sure there are larger issues to be worried about.  I haven't seen one story on any of the news outlets about this.  Most of the stories are about Syria or #romneyshambles.  The way I see it is these stories are the fluff of the media used to distract us from the real story.  The real story is that our government is systematically using us to perpetuate there own selves.


well that's it thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment